2011-04-21

Nothing Done - Powertrip



Nothing Done
Powertrip
2006

CONTROL

I don't care about what you say
I'm not listening anyway

I'm in control!
I'm in control!
I'm in control of my life!

I don't care what you think of me
I don't need your sympathy

I'm in control!
I'm in control!
I'm in control of my life!

WASTING MY TIME

wasting my time
you' re wasting my time
you walked too far and now
you reached the end of the line

wanna know the reason
I'm not talking to you?
don't you think that I've got
something better to do?

bumming me out
you' re bumming me out
you think you do but you
don't know what I'm all about

POWERTRIP

give me a break
I'm not playing along
with your powertrip
get out of my way
staying aboard
your sinking ship

try to tell me what to say
try to tell me what to do
why is it that you don't get
that I'm me and
I'm not you?

try to tell me what to say
try to tell me what to do
try to tell me what to think

CRACKHEAD

you love to talk a lot of shit
but I refuse to deal with it
scum like you I just don't need
I won't let you take the lead

friend to my face
foe behind my back
the way you fucking act
makes me think you' re on crack

TIME OUT

trying to explain
I'm trying to explain
but it doesn't make a difference to you
no!

tried to have my say
I tried to have my way
but there's not a fucking lot I can do
no!

you caught me at the worst time
again I let you down
I know it's not the first time
let me turn this around

DEAD WEIGHT

pulling me down
it's pulling me down
dead weight
dead weight

I can't fight it
it's coming after me
there's no way back now

I can't hide it
no secret's safe with me
there's no way back now

LEECH

it's all fun and games to you
play dress-up and shine your shoes
ebay fiend bid real hard
maxing out your credit card

scenestar number fucking one
show the new jacks how it's done
when it all comes crashing down
you'll be nowhere to be found

you're a leech
you fucking suck
you're a leech
you're out of luck
you're a leech
don't give a fuck
you're a leech

GOTTA GET A FIX

you're broken
you're down on your luck
don't turn to me
cause I don't give a fuck

gotta get a fix
gotta get a fix
gotta get a fix
you make me sick!
gotta get a fix
gotta get a fix today

you're wasted
you're down on the floor
nowhere to hide
not anymore

IMPOSTER

you preach ideas
they' re not your own
you say you care
I know you don't
you have no brain
you know it's true
won't bridge the gap
between me and you

you're no skin you're just a jerk
live at home don't even work
watch tv sit on your ass
missed the point of working class

you may look the part
but it's not in your heart
you skank and you fight
and get drunk every night
I don't know what to say
I don't know what to do
won't waste my time
on assholes like you

STOP TRYING

so you started hanging with a different crew
and it has changed the situation between me and you
we' re not even talking 'cause your friends hate my guts
you don't even say hi are you fucking nuts?

stop trying so hard

all over my ass just a few weeks ago
you' re a fucking suck-up and everyone knows
a fucking status seeker of the worst fucking kind
when your crew wises up they will leave you behind

stop trying so hard

UP TO YOU

kickflip boardslide 5-0 grind
skate whatever you can find
grinding slappies all day long
humming all your favorite songs

land tricks after many tries
slapping high fives with the guys
drinking cokes and eating shit
breaking boards and throwing fits

skate and destroy
or skate to create?
it's up to you!

NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE

time has just run out on me
no more free rides
have to try and
make myself see
that I'm in charge

used to think
that getting older
meant I would find my place
now I know that
if I want that
I'll have to run this race

nothing left to lose
and everything to gain

Recorded and produced by Menno Bakker at Bunt Studio, Utrecht, the Netherlands on sept. 20th and 21st, 2005.
Mastered by Mark van der Male and Willy Berrevoets at Avalanche studio, Oost-Souburg, the Netherlands.

Artwork by Kenji.
Photos by Sabine.
Lay-out by Michiel.

Nothing Done:
Michiel - vocals
Arjan - bass
Mark - guitar
Alex - drums

www.nothingdone.tk
michielwalrave@gmail.com

Nothing Done
Mathenesserweg 12A-1
3026HA Rotterdam
the Netherlands
Thanks: everyone who's helped us out in any way.

NOT JUST WORDS RECORDS
DE KLING 4 - 8651CK IJLST - THE NETHERLANDS
www.njwrecords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment