2011-04-07

Autistic Youth - Landmine Beach


Autistic Youth
Landmine Beach
2006

1) Scream for You
We're in their palms
We're in their bombs
We're in their jails and
we're in their bed
Something should be said
Rebellion isn't trite because its old
So you better shout because you re being bought and sold
Learn what s going on and let yourself be moved
We've screamed, now scream for you
Who are you and what have you done with all my friends?

2) What s it to you?
„I don t have a home and I don t need it to fight",
says a young man that knows that it's all gonna break tonight
„I can see that I'm in a violent lace, and I m not owing to a master race."
He d barely opened his eyes before he knew he was a waste
What's it to you if we live or die?
What's it to you if you're still alive?
False ideals have made the place we stay
and its a violent world that shapes our lives this way
Get out quick before your life is left hanging on a crucifix
now its time to say goodbye to the song you've sung your whole life

3) Johnny Law
Johnny Law, get off my back
Johnny Law, cut me some slack
I know your rules and I can play your fucking game
Yes sir, No sir

4) Fuck Yeah
I think its just too hard to refrain from trying to make a place where we're all the same
But thats something thats just out of reach and that s something that people think we don't need

But we don't care because we are all the same
All we know is that we want to see a change

We're all alone and we have always been
But that's ok, we don't have to pretend

5) A World of our own
I had some dreams that featured you in it
The first one we were hanging out like that one November December, maybe February
It was the 1950s or maybe early 60s
Based on that part in Grant s Park playing soccer but pre
The other you had a beard

6) Smash Cop Cars with Bricks of Resistance
I rule over a violent home
I'm the boss and I make it known
I've got nine kids but I could give a shit about them
so every night I sleep alone
I'm going to drink until I'm dead
I'm going to waste away my head
My life s a total failure so i might as well be dead
I m fucking immature and my career is a blur
So there won't be a Christmas this year because
I'm a fucking asshole
Life s so much better blind and old
I'm the boss until i say so

7) What are you talking about?
I won t pretend that I'm happy with this
and i resent that we stand in a state of imprisonment
we live in a place where the money's not free
and the money controls what you can and can't be
but that doesn't mean that doctrine is something you can t change

what are you talking about?
Here is a place that i can't live without
It doesn't make sense to forget alternatives
but this controls us and it controls our whole world
trapped for life in repentance is no real consequence
when there's no hope left and theres nowhere left to turn

8) Landmine Beach
I woke up in the sky today and I was falling down
I know someone couldn't wait to hear the sound
We've got a big, big secret behind our army ground
and we don t speak to it because we re ashamed of ourselves

They laugh at what they don t know how to face;
a nation of cable junkies watching the small screen
pretty faces are all we ever see but those pretty faces
are burning up a landmine beach

There's a million people living in a desert grave
They're all hungry and they all bleed the same
but the pieces? They' re not there.
Read across a long list of names
because they're all dead and all died the same
But our promise?
It s not there.
It s not fair

9) Empty Eyes
You look into my eyes and you laugh at me
All your faces don't look the same
I walk across the floor on my knees and you hold my hand
We've got to laugh at those things that we don t understand

That night i had a dream that you kicked me in the brain
Youre not to blame
I've got empty eyes and an empty mind
Your room looks like a hell and i can't scream
When l'm awake its all red to me
There's no big argument and no disguise
We've got to laugh at those things that we come to realize

Theres no suicide
I'm just bored with life
I've lost my mind

10) I, Failure
The violence came but it didn't last too long
the cry for help is such an endless song
I'm sitting on such a small, small roof
Yeah, this sudden fear just makes me want to move

I live to lose

Ten gunshots ring five miles down
but no one moves or makes a sound
Well all our dreams are finally here!
It's to little, who do they belong to?
No one that s left here

I refuse to be ignored or disposed
I'm just like you

11) Victim
There was something so different when i stepped outside today
I realized I've been in jail since 1988
But now I've got a problem with the big lock on my door
it just wont keep anyone out anymore

No not me, no not this time
I won't attempt to police your lies
I'm not a victim

Those whose heads rest on the street that you've walked before
They wear the same clothes that you once wore

x)
Autistic Youth is:
Alex Tryon - Guitar / Vorals
Seve Sheldon - Drums
Adam Becker - Guitar / Vorals
Nick Vicario - Bass / Vocals

Produced by Pat Kearns and Autistic Youth
Recorded and mixed by Pat Kearns and Matthew Morgan at Jackpot Studios | April 2006
Mastered by Matthew Morqan
„Fuck Yeah" recorded by Kevin Hahn at Opal Studios April 2006
, Fuck Yeah" remixed and remastered by Matthew Morgan
All music by Autistic Youth
All lyrics by Adam Becker except „Scream for You" by Colin Sanders and Adam Becker, „Johnny Law" by Alex Tyron and "A World of Our Own" by Erik Anarchy
Percussion on „Landmine Beach" and „Victim" by Seve Sheldon
Photos by Joanna Sokolowski
All Artwork by Franz - thiscore@freenet.de
Special contribution on „A World of Our Own" by J Kashani

www.autisticyouth.corn
autisticyouth@hotmail.com

Autistic Youth
1930 SW 13th Ave
Portland, OR 97201

Autistic Youth 2006

An invasion of armies can be resisted,
but not an idea whose time has come.

TAKEN BY SURPRISE RECORDS
Klenzestraße 89
80469 München
Bavaria
www.takenbysurprise.net

SABOTAGE RECORDS
PO BOX 105824
28058 Bremen
Germany
www.sabotsgerecords.net

No comments:

Post a Comment