2009-12-20

Idle Hands - s/t 7"


Idle Hands
s/t 7"
2008

1) gaunt but overdosed

here we are stuck again
it's the daily sham
tell me what shattered our hope
everything seems gray
on this endless day
your hands are losing their hold
feeling underdone
gaunt but overdosed
no way out but we march on

2) eternal isolation

be sure to double check the back door
be aware of the red lights
just wait
ignore reality - informed by the TV - living in apathy
the truth is hidden in the backyard
behind your frustration
the truth is hidden in the backyard
of your isolation
you just can't make sense of your own existence
and you don't want to figure it out
you just can't make sense of your own existence
don't want to figure it out
cause if you don't start this it never will fail
you know what you have - no reason to retrain
you just don't start so you never will fail

3) burn the flag

I don't care, got no flair
for patriotic moments
make my day, I won't pray
and will defy salvation
I don't care
I'm gone - watch my back
I don't care
the crowd is proud
you can count me out
burn the flag, hate this crap
don't want no god or nation
make my day, I won't pray
and will defy salvation
... I won't belong, just count me out!

4) not my problem

you can't stop talking about times I don't want back
can't pull myself anymore to worry about your mental crack
tell me lies, tell me sad stories, I don't care about that
I know you know the cause are not the people, it's in your head
breaking dreams and breaking hearts - it still little matters
twisting every word and fact that proves your failure
it's not my problem anymore

5) you're not coming home

crawling in the dirt
with a fresh white shirt on
is this real or fake
or is it the final breakdown?

I need a sign, I want a signal
but you're not coming home
you left and you're not coming home

looking for a fight
in the suburbs at night
willing to take heart
can't even think about wrong or right

6) empty hearts and worn out shoes

this city, this street - something went wrong indeed
empty hearts and worn out shoes
no colors, no taste - just dead eyes in the waste
empty hands and sirens noise outside
day by day lying alone in your bed
scene by scene is running through my head
is it true that you really don't care
while I'm crying into your underwear?

X)
thanks: three chords magazine, robin, chris, sebastian, arne, the missing shadows, press gang
idle hands are: julius, michi, klick, andi
recorded by robin, june 08
all songs by idle hands
layout by chris and idle hands
photo by sebastian gondek
Hardware Records HWR-012

No comments:

Post a Comment