2009-07-29

Black Heart Rebellion - Monologue



Black Heart Rebellion
Monologue
2008
get it

lyrics:

1) THE MORPHING LIGHT

2) LEAVING THE CAPITALS

Fear not the voices of men.
Draw their words on your back
Carry them above all
To speak again, blue tongued.

Not my hand will be taken
Neither will I rest on our sons
My teeth will stay here in the ground
Floating, like dimming lights.

Caught in the dark
Caught in the past
This near black past
This near black heart.

I am not what’s left behind
You are not what’s still to come
It hides in both of us.
Willing to emerge.

3) MACHINING

A mark of claws
To teach us. Speak to us
The language of vultures.

Woven towers, they grew
As our maps became patterns.
Of what always had been
Yet never came.

Oh how we tried not to fall
And now fail to fall.
Now try to fail. And fall.

One will always build from the cinder we left.
White walls arise from a trembling ground.
We will not stay here in the reigns.
White walls arise from a trembling ground.

4) ENCLAVE

5) AMONGST THE NOMADS

And to sharpen my claws
Is to ask of my thorns
To grow out of me, inside
And sew me to the ground.

Static and wooden eyed
I worry very well.
How all around
Is breathing death.

I will weave my towers high
And all of us, we’ll climb
Setting forth, from now on
Disappear into the wild.

But by the time
We’ll reach the sea.
The sand will get us
Above our knees.

Though our eyes did not see clear.
And our mouths could not speak free
We became aware
Of the crosses that we share.

We used to stand so tall
We used to speak for all
We used to walk in line
Further and further and further
Sailing on bad tide.

6) ERASE. REDRAW OUR MAPS.

I’m a skeleton dressed in time.
Lost among men no one sees.
With marching seconds, the time is now
To make this coffin to my throne.
My throne of life.
Like a cathedral to capture
A ship to board on.

Cast anchor on black shores
And hoist at silent hymns
In motion but at the threshold
Weariness warms my sails.

Erase. Redraw our maps.
And for what it’s worth
I will trade.
This coffin for my throne.

7) THE DARKEST OF MEN

How very much I have tried my best
To give you the good life
In spite of all I’ve tried
I must bring you dark times.

Allow this to be done
And allow us to get by with this.
Children:
Carve out your splinters
Let no man take your life.

I’ll let no harm come
To my children
All young men know
I weep for all.

In times of joy
We stood as one
Now is the time
To go is one.

No man takes my life from me
I lay my life down.
I’m going to lay down my burdens
Down by the riverside.

No comments:

Post a Comment